Subject: (re-send) Rex Stout quotations
From: Alexander Avenarius <[email-masked]>
To: [...]
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:01:06 +0100

Dear Mr. [...]:

I permit myself to re-send you the following letter that I first sent
you half a year ago, on 26 July 2003. I have not received any reply
to the letter. I would be grateful if you could find a minute to reply
to the questions below. Thank you.

----------------------------------

Dear Mr. [...]:

it has been over a year since I last approached you concerning Rex
Stout quotations. I would respectfully like to ask you (or, the
copyright holders) to re-consider the matter again at this time. My
word on what I wrote you on April 5, 2002, is still valid, and will
never be violated:

     I am not distributing or publishing, nor will I ever in the
     future be distributing or publishing Rex Stout's copyrighted
     works in any fashion unless authorized to do so by the copyright
     owner(s).

My site specializes in collecting remarkable literary quotations. I
would like to include a number of such, in their crushing majority,
extremely brief excerpts from Rex Stout's writings (usually no more
than a few words per each excerpt), on my site. This is done with one
intention only, as my site is entirely non-profit: to make Rex Stout's
name more popular among readers around the world who are interested in
classic literature. It is especially hoped that, after browsing
through some of the brief quotations, site visitors will feel the
desire to get hold of the entire book by Rex Stout. Thus, such brief
quotations can, if anything, only further the sales of Rex Stout's
books, new or second-hand. As to the reputability of the site, the Rex
Stout profile webpage (on whose major revision I am currently working)
has for many months now been ranked by Google as one of the top 15
worldwide Rex Stout resources on the Internet:
http://www.google.com/search?q=rex+stout&num=15

Please find attached to this message a zip file containing two 
exemplary files [not in the web archive] featuring the sort of brief 
Rex Stout quotations that I would like to present on my site. These 
particular files have never yet appeared online and have been 
prepared in recent weeks on the basis of manual notes I made back 
in 1993; the zip file includes a scanned picture of the manual notes.

I would be very grateful to you if you could let me know your present
position on including these very brief excerpts among the quotations
on the site. Any further files that I would like to add would equally
be presented for your (the copyright holders') approval prior to their
upload -- or whatever the copyright holders' preferred arrangement
would be.

-- 
Thank you,

Alexander Avenarius                                mailto:[email-masked]

[full address and phone number]                http://avenarius.sk/stout

[processed by "The Bat!", Version 2.01.3]